Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel - Part Two

This is a continuation of the post directly below this one. I went back to the tunnel yesterday and I played around with shots in the tunnel. I got a better landscape shot facing in the opposite direction of the tunnel from the ones in part one. However, I had to be near the end to get close to the exposure I wanted. I liked the shots of the inside of the tunnel better facing the other direction. I'm still not there but what I tried was taking the shot above and putting it inside of the first shot in part one.
Then I played around with corel photo paint. I realize the light showing on the floor of the tunnel wouldn't be cast from the exposure I have of the landscape at the end. I still kind of like the effect and perhaps in time I can get the right blend and make it work. This has been a fun diversion for me.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Carver--these photos are amazing! Could you make me a print of the one at the top of the post? I'm happy to pay the costs of making the print--it is so beautiful, I want it on my wall.

Jeanne

Carver said...

Thanks Jeanne, I'd be happy to make you a print. I'll email you. Take care, Carver

jmb said...

This is stunning and well worth the playing around which I am sure was fun. I wish I knew this stuff. I'll have to look for a book about it all. However I assume you have to have some artistic talent which sadly I do not.

Carver said...

Thanks JMB, It is fun and you might surprise yourself if you started playing. As much as you enjoy art you probably have a well developed eye, no doubt more than mine since I'm not great in certain perceptual areas. I also think the newer programs like adobe photo shop make it easier than what I have. I have the corel graphics suite because that's what I've used for for 10 years but I've never played that much with the photo painting. I'd like to play with it more. If I didn't already have corel, I'd probably get photo shop but I can't really justify the expense since I already have a powerful graphics program. Take care, Carver

Christy Woolum said...

Again... you have inspired me to experiment with tunnels. This has been an amazing set of posts.