Translate

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Perfect day for a walk

Saturday morning was one of those times my mother used to refer to as days made in heaven. It was beautiful as well as not too hot and not too cold. My daughter even joined me for a walk. We've come full cycle. When she was a teenager, I could only rarely get her to walk with me and if I did she wanted to make sure we weren't walking too far. Yesterday morning she woke up about the time I was getting ready to go to the Lake up the street from me for a walk. She said if I could give her a few minutes she wanted to go with me. When we used to walk together when she was growing up, she was always telling me to slow down. Now she has to slow down for me which is as it should be since I'm 28 years older than she is. I am so incredibly lucky. Thinking about my daughter makes me feel a waive of how fortunate I am. Granted I'm getting more and more like that now that her few months at home with me, in between college and law school are ending. It's not only that though. Even if she wasn't moving far away, I think I would be aware of how fortunate I am to have a healthy, kind, interesting daughter. Although I may not be quite up to climbing a tree, she is and I had my camera with me to record a pleasant Saturday morning in May with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog entry! I am so glad that you have had this time to spend with your daughter before she dives into the next phase of her life. There are just so many precious moments to cherish.

###################################

The wonder is that we can see these trees and not wonder more.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Miss Melanoma said...

Carver,
I am quite sure you'd still be appreciative of your relationship with your daughter even if the two of you were to move in next door and you knew you'd see her every day for the rest of your lives. That's one of the things I love about you! Thank you for sharing such a lovely excerpt from your life!

-L