Translate

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Only in the South

It's snowing, it's snowing . . . I almost feel guilty over my jubilation to wake up to a morning snow. I know the northeast is getting hammered and don't envy them that. I also know about the accidents, power losses, etc. that people in some parts of the country are dealing with. We had quite a few years with problematic storms, for my part of the country, which took some of the joy out of my childlike love of a snowy morning. However, last year we didn't have a single snow that stuck to the ground and I missed it. I'm not expecting this to last as the forecast is for a switch over to sleet, then freezing rain, and ending with all rain. That's part of why I stuck my head out the door to snap a few shots because I suspect my daughter will sleep in and miss it altogether as she's off work today. I need to get to work soon. Been a long 10 days without a real work break and I need to finish something up this morning. Not complaining, I am very lucky to be able to work from home and I've had plenty of slack time leading up to my current busy time. I have managed to keep up with my walk/jog and have made it almost to 5 weeks of sticking with my latest effort. I am pretty tired but mentally doing well which is the big thing. Guess I better get to work now.

2 comments:

King (Kathie) said...

Carver,

Just love the pics of the snow. Something very romantic and cozy about it.

I know you've been busy with work and exercise (and your daughter, I bet, too) so I wasn't real concerned about your blog not being updated though I've checked in frequently.

Don't work too hard. Take care of yourself.

Stay Strong
Kathie

Anonymous said...

I do love snow. We don't see much of it here in Texas. We had sleet and snow this week as well. And, like you, I stepped outside and took a picture. My kids even made a 12" snowman.

I don't normally comment, but I was glad to see an update. And I just love all the pictures.

Take care
melissa